Huge 6-to-1 Airfoil
Tiny frontal area
Perfect with Sigma stem
Easy stack adjustment
for lower stack
The Alpha aerobar is our most ambitious project to date. This is a true triathlete's bar, completely re-engineered to represent the best of all worlds: it's ultra light weight, incredibly aerodynamic, and very simple to adjust. Best of all, the Alpha will work with almost every bike on the market, due to its industry-standard 31.8mm clamp.
- Alpha can be purchased with our Gamma extensions at a slight discount, or purchased with no extensions.
- Alpha can be used with any industry-standard 22.2mm outer diameter extensions. Most extensions with a nominal diameter of 22.0mm will work as well, including all of Zipp's extensions.
- Alpha is compatible with any standard brake lever, including electronic components like Shimano Di2 and Campagnolo EPS levers. There is plenty of room for internal cable routing with these systems.
- The Alpha weighs approximately 560g when paired with a set of Gamma Carbon extensions. That weight will vary depending on what extensions you use, how long you cut them, and how many spacers you use.
- Please refer to the Installation Guide for lots of details on the technical specifications of the Alpha.
- You can read all about the history of the Alpha in previous articles we have written about it.
TriRig Gamma Extensions
CARBON FIBER version is now available! Alloy version has been discontinued.
The TriRig Gamma extensions are a very simple-looking piece of hardware with a bit of clever thought behind them. When we unveiled the concept, triathletes everywhere had only one question: when would they be available? Well, here they are.
- Each order is for a pair of two extensions.
- Extensions use the industry-standard 22.2mm outer diameter, 19.3mm inner diameter, and are compatible with almost all aerobars and shifters on the market.
- Each extension is made from aircraft-grade aluminum, then black anodized with laser-etched logos for a beautiful, durable finish that will never fade or crack.
- The ideal 16-degree bend provides superior comfort and precise stack height control.
- Extra-long extensions are designed to be cut at both ends to allow you to dial in your position with unprecedented precision. The uncut extensions are approximately 18 inches long, while most athletes will need only 10 inches or so. The extra length allows you to decide how much of the bar is rising versus flat, providing a very precise method of controlling both stack and reach.
- Three Di2-compatible cable ports allow flexible internal OR external routing.
- Both the inner and outer diameter are controlled along the entire length (except at the the bend point), meaning the extensions can be trimmed anywhere you like.
- Please consult the video below for installation instructions.
- Read the whole Gamma story HERE.
- Carbon extensions, uncut (450mm): 150g per pair.
- Most users will trim to about 250mm, further reducing the weight.
- If you are not familiar cutting carbon fiber tubing, consult your local bike shop. We recommend a hacksaw blade with a minimum of 32tpi, and wrapping the extension in masking tape before making the cut, in order to prevent fraying.
- The diameter of the extensions is controlled several centimeters from the ends. Once you cut the extensions, you may need to ream the inner diameter in order to insert your shifter plug. This can be accomplished with a Dremel or other rotary tool using a large sanding drum or grinding drum. If you are unfamiliar with this kind of procedure, consult a bike shop.
- TriRig will not be responsible for any damage caused by the user.