Alpha One Installation Guide
- Begin by removing the headset cap and any round spacers already on your fork. Alpha One is designed with aero-matched stem spacers and integrated dust cap for superior aerodynamic performance.
- Alpha One includes in integrated cable cover which requires you to trim your fork steerer. It can be used without this cable cover if you wish to keep spacers above your stem. However, for best aerodynamic and functional performance, you will want to trim your steerer tube and use the integrated cover. Trim your steerer tube so that it ends 2-3mm below the top surface of the Alpha One's integrated stem.
- With the cable cover removed, install Alpha One onto your fork as you would any other stem. Apply carbon paste around the steerer tube, and all interior surfaces of Alpha One stem clamping zone. Install the integrated cable, and follow the torque specification of your headset for the headset preload bolt (in general, just enough torque to remove any play from the steerer column). Then use 5 Nm of torque on the stem pinch bolts to tighten Alpha One to your steerer tube.
- Alpha One features advanced cable routing for use with any drivetrain, as well as centerpull brakes like the TriRig Omega X. The brake routing system features a removable cable stop so that you can either run bare cable to your brake with the stop in place, or run full housing or a hydraulic line by removing the cable stop.
Extension + Arm Cup Hardware
- Alpha One can accept any 22.2mm standard aerobar extension. It can be purchased with our own TriRig Gamma extensions which allow a variety of different positions to be achieved. However, it can also be purchased without any extensions so that you can use your own. Any standard extension may be used. Some older extensions use a 22.0mm diameter instead of the more common 22.2mm standard. These undersized extensions may be difficult to tighten down, and we cannot guarantee fit. However, we have successfully tested some 22.0mm extensions in the bar, and they fit well. So if you have a favorite extension in the 22.0mm standard, there's a good chance it will work in Alpha One.
- Alpha One uses a single, continuously-adjustable Monopost for stack adjustment. Adjust the stack height according to the Fit Guide and tighten the front set screw to 8 Nm. This adjustment can be changed at any time, making Alpha One the most adjustable bar on the market.
- Finally, slip the extensions into the Extension Clamps and tighten the two M4 screws to a torque of 4 Nm. Note that this is relatively low torque compared to many other aerobars. As with all bolts on the bar, we designed Alpha One Extension Clamps to provide a stable, secure grip without the need for unnecessarily high torque.
- Mount the arm cups via two M6 x 12mm bolts each. Note that although there are four bolts on the Dragonfly cup mount, only TWO are meant to be used at any time, as shown in the images below. This allows seven distinct pad stance width positions, and three pad reach positions. Note that you can access the Arm Cup and Extension Clamp bolts at any time. There is ZERO bolt occlusion on Alpha One, meaning that all bolts are accessible at all times, and are never covered up by other pieces of hardware. This is true no matter how you have set up your bar.
Alpha One Measurements:
Pads in rearward position
Pads in centered position
Pads in forward position
Pad stance width
Bar width is 400mm c-c
Arm cup specs