Alpha Spare Parts
Ergo Cups Measurements
Ergo cups (bottom) vs.
Ultralight Cups (top)
Ergo cups (left) vs.
Ultralight Cups (right)
Ergo cups (left) vs.
Ultralight Cups (right)
Ultralight Pads + velcro sheets
Ultralight Cups Measurements
Alpha Classic Hardware Kit
No returns on Alpha Spare Parts.
TriRig is proud to make Alpha's spare parts available for separate purchase. If you need replacements, here they are. You can now buy the following:
- Ergo Cups: our new Ergo Cups are the "cherry on top" for Alpha X (also compatible with Alpha Classic). These new cups trade a little weight in exchange for much more surface area, more arm wrap, a super grippy textured neoprene pad, and ultimately a more comfortable and stable ride. They feature the same adjustment range as the Ultralight Cups that come standard with each bar. However, due to their shape, they may interfere with a BTA bottle when used in certain narrower positions. You can get around this by using some ordinary standoffs/spacers from the hardware store to lift the BTA bottle upward and clear of the cup itself.
- Ultralight Cups: these are the standard carbon fiber cups that come with the Alpha X (also compatible with Alpha Classic). Clocking in at just 115g complete with velcro and pads, these are as light as they come. We have recently revamped the entire velcro adhesive solution for a rock solid direct bond that never fails. (Existing Alpha customers can contact us to get their older cups refurbished with the new adhesive at no charge.)
- Replacement Pads for Ultralight Cups: these are the standard Alpha foam gel arm pads, complete with the self-adhesive velcro sheet that goes on the arm cup itself, and grabs the pads. Compatible with Alpha X and Alpha Classic
- Alpha Classic Hardware Kit: Includes a complete replacement set of all original hardware shown above, for the Alpha Classic. Does not include arm cups, arm pads, velcro, or Gamma extensions.
Alpha X Tilt Kit
By popular demand, we have released a tilt kit for the Alpha X. This kit allows the Alpha X extensions to be tilted upward or downward to achieve the optimal position. Features include:
- Continuous adjustment up to +20 or -5 degrees from level. Pads/extensions adjust together.
- Includes custom BTA mount that tilts together with pads/extensions.
- Adds just 2mm of stack compared to standard Alpha X hardware (far lower stack than any other competing tilt system).
- Tilt hardware can be undermounted with pads slammed on top of bar (slammed pads can be fixed at +0 or +10 degrees via a custom angled spacer).
- Stacked can be raised/lowered using standard Alpha X spacers.
- Maintains all the patented cable routing and simple adjustment Alpha X is known for. A single never-occluded bolt adjusts the extensions, two bolts affix each arm cup, and this tilt kit adds just two bolts per tilt clamp.
- Extensions stay fixed and rock solid, without requiring excessive torque.
Omega Spare Parts
These items ship FREE, via USPS First Class Mail.
Omega X NH Back Plate
(For Omega X only): For the cleanest aesthetic, this optional No-Hanger Back Plate replaces the one that comes standard with the brake, removing the cable hanger. Using this NH Back Plate requires an upstream cable hanger like the one found in our own Alpha X aerobar or Sigma X stem.
By popular demand, we now offer the Omega Brake Pad Holders for those who want an extra set. These pad holders REQUIRE that you already own a TriRig Omega brake - they are not compatible with other brakes. They work with both the Standard and the SV version of the brake. The Pad Holder Kits consist of two pad holders, two pad holder retention bolts, and two pad retention screws, all pictured.
- Omega X
- Omega Standard (Gen 2 and later)
- Omega SV (all versions)
Salmon Pads (for alloy rims) - In our opinion, these are the very best pads for use on alloy rims, anywhere. Kool Stop's unique pad formula has been the standard by which all other pads around the world are judged. They're affordable, highly durable, and have better stopping power than anything else out there. That's why we stock a set with every TriRig Omega brake. But because they're so good, we figured you might want to order extras, so we keep them in stock for that purpose.
If you use carbon rims, we recommend SwissStop Black Prince pads, or whatever pad your rim manufacturer recommends. At this time, we are no longer stocking carbon-specific pads.
Every once in a while, a Front Plate will be damaged or lost. For those unfortunate events, we've got you covered. The Front Plate is now available for both the Omega Standard, the Omega SV, and the Omega X. Be sure to order the correct one for the brake you own.
TriRig Ultra-Low Dust Covers
These are the ultra-low-profile dust covers we developed for the Alpha X and Sigma X front ends. The replace the standard dust cap on your bike, allowing up to 30mm of stack reduction and a much cleaner look. Aerodynamically, it's usually preferable to slam your stem and achieve your pad stack via the use of aerobar pad spacers.
Now you can slam your stem all the way to the headset, safely and easily. These Dust Covers fit most 1-1/8" headsets. Each one is individually machined from T6-6061 aircraft-grade aluminum, media-blasted for a beautiful satin finish, hard anodized, and laser-etched with the TriRig logo. Each one includes four 0.25mm stainless steel micro-shims for spacing upwards if needed to clear your particular headset.
The Dust Covers ship FREE, worldwide, via USPS First-Class mail.
Sorry, no returns on Dust Covers.
Alpha Classic BTA Mount
The world's best aerobar deserves the world's best BTA mount. The Alpha Classic BTA mount is, much like the Alpha itself, both a highly complex design but also very simple in its implementation. Read all about the design process here. The mount is made of solid, unidirectional carbon fiber. Its skeleton-like structure keeps the weight down to an amazingly-low 20g, and it requires NO mounting hardware at all. Why is that? Because it acts like a standard Alpha spacer. You just line it up in your spacer stack tower, and the Alpha's standard thru-bolts keep it in place. It has two positions for bottle placement, and can be flipped forwards or backwards, essentially giving you four different mounting options for your bottle.
The kit includes everything you need: the carbon fiber BTA mount itself, as well as two M5 screws and washers for bottles. And unlike most mounts, these screws are special; we sourced extra-short M5 screws so that they don't protrude under the BTA mount. This thing is as sleek and aerodynamic as they come.
Keep in mind, this BTA mount is ONLY compatible with the TriRig Alpha aerobar. It will not work on any other bar.
An additional benefit of the BTA mount is that it provides additional structural strength to the spacer stack of the bar. Those of you who max out the Alpha's spacer tower may notice it's not quite as stable with all 35mm of spacers as it is if you have no spacers at all. The BTA mount brings rock-solid stability back to the bar.
So, since the mount affords extra stability, we can offer additional spacers to those of you using the mount. As an optional extra with the BTA mount, you can order the extra Spacer Kit, which allows you to go up another 10mm or 20mm of stack height. The Spacer Kit includes two 10mm spacers, two 20m spacers, four 85mm thru-bolts, and four 95mm thru-bolts. This Spacer Kit can ONLY be purchased WITH the BTA Mount. It is not available separately, because as mentioned above, these extra spacers would result in an unstable tower. The extra stack height requires the BTA mount to lock the towers together and provide that stability.
Mercury Replacement Parts
By popular demand, we are now making all of the individual parts for Mercury available for separate purchase. ALL of these parts are already included when you buy the Mercury pedals. But if you need extras, here they are. You can now buy all of the following:
- Replacement Cleats: including two nylon Mercury cleats and all mounting hardware (six M5 socket screws, six M5 washers, and six oval sub-washers)
- Standard Bearings: these nylon cylinders have a grey mottled appearance, almost like that of carbon fiber, and are the standard bearings pre-installed on every Mercury pedal.
- Oversized Bearings: dark brown in appearance, these bearings have a very slightly larger outer diameter than their standard counterparts, and may be necessary depending on the particular shape of your shoe and how it interfaces with the Mercury cleat.
- End Bolts: these are the bolts that keep the bearings properly seated on the Mercury spindle. The Drive-Side bolt has a flush outer face, and LEFT-HAND threading. The Non-Drive-Side bolt has a groove on its outer face, and standard RIGHT-HAND threading.
- Spacer Kit: these spacers are part of Mercury's unique Q-factor adjustment feature. Nothing else on the market allows you to adjust so much of your pedal's stance width without ever changing the spindle! Each Mercury pedal can be fitted with no spacers (+0mm), the 3mm spacer, the 6mm spacer, or both (+9mm).
Be sure to see the Mercury installation page for more information on using and adjusting all of these parts.
TriRig Speed Concept Clamps
No returns on Speed Concept Clamps
These clamps are compatible with the aerobars for the first-generation Trek Speed Concept 9-series (model years 2009 through 2013), and also compatible with the 2012 Bontrager RXL aerobar, which uses the same clamping hardware.
The clamps significantly clean up the front-end hardware of the Speed Concept or Bontrager RXL aerobar, reduce the bolt count from 14 to 4, and drop over 200 grams of weight in the process. Read the whole scoop here. Each clamp starts as a one-pound block of 7075-grade aluminum (stronger than the cheaper 6061 on stock parts). They're CNC machined down to just 26 grams each, then black anodized. They will accept any standard aftermarket extension. The optional top caps shown in the video are available if desired. You must use at least 5mm of spacers beneath these clamps (some Speed Concept bars have a 5mm spacer bonded to the bar already).
A note about the top caps: as shown in the video, their intended use is to be sandwiched between the clamps and your arm cups. They are NOT REQUIRED, and the clamps will work just fine without them.